Angry Tweets - BURGER KING® - BUZZMAN
After 15 years of absence Burger King is back in France with new restaurants opening every month. But after all this waiting people got impatient and started to trash talk us on the social networks.
Instead of ignoring this growing problem and let everyone think that we were not doing enough, we decided to face it and turn this negative atmosphere into something positive for the brand.
We launched the “Angry Tweets” operation, the first billboard campaign fueled with trash talking consumer’s tweets and to whom we brought a direct and funny answer on our local construction panels.
Without paid media, the campaign has been the most retweeted in France in 2014 with more than 150 000 retweets, 25 millions contact reached on the social networks, a huge media coverage letting everyone in the country know that we were opening new restaurants and more than 5.4 millions euros in earned media.
The reception of the campaign was then extremely good and everyone, fans or not, have been amazed by our actions and seduced by this particular tone of voice henceforth owned by Burger King. Since the campaign was launched, our fans’ community on social networks massively grew (+1 494% on Facebook and +543% on Twitter).
But more importantly, people rushed to our restaurants. Today an average Burger King restaurant in France serves twice as many meals every day than one of its competitors.
- Annonceur : BURGER KING®
- Marque : BURGER KING®
- Type de média : Affichage / Étude de cas
- 1ère diffusion : Novembre 2014
- Pays : france
- Date de mise en ligne : 11 juin 2015
- Agence : BUZZMAN
- Cannes Lions 2015 : BronzePromo & Activation: Digital Social - Use of a Social Audience in a Promotional Campaign
- Le Club des DA 2015 : PrixAffichage: Ambient
- Cristal Festival 2014 : CristalConsumer Marketing: Social Network Client Relationship
- Eurobest 2014 : BronzeDirect